Friday, September 19, 2008

They ARE listening!

Just before we started school this year, I found a verse in Jeremiah that I returned to for encouragement almost every day for a few weeks straight.  God is talking to Jeremiah about the people of Israel and Judah:

"They turned their backs to me and not their faces; though I taught them again and again, they would not listen or respond to discipline."  Jeremiah 32:33 

God had the same problem with his children that I have with mine!  But He didn't give up, and taught them again and again.  I try to remember that when I find myself saying the same thing over and over and over again to my kids.  And eventually the lesson sinks in!  I wasn't paying much attention to the girls this morning as they were playing, but I tuned in just in time to hear Jaela say to Macey and Anya:  "Hey guys!  Let's pick up this big mess before we start our next project!"

There IS hope!  :)