Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Monday, April 27, 2009
Friday, April 24, 2009
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Monday, April 6, 2009
- Things are never where you left them.
- Toilets flush when everyone who uses them are all together in another room.
- Groceries and dishes line the edges of the counters.
- Water runs in the sinks at odd times.
- Someone's pink bear smells like shampoo.
- An entire bottle of whiteboard cleaner has been sprayed on the whiteboard.
- Things get put where they belong.
- There is a colorful drawing on your lesson plans page that matches the colorful Sharpies in the container on your desk.
- Those Sharpies are put back, upside down and with the lids not quite tightly closed, but put back. Along with any stray pens or pencils that have been rounded up.
- There is chocolate (yes, it is positively chocolate!) on the handle of the toilet.
- Deadbolts that were left unlocked are now locked, and deadbolts that were locked are now unlocked.
- The toilet is plugged with an entire package of kid wipes.
- You find a book of Tennyson's Poems on your desk, and you didn't put it there. (T is at the end of the alphabet, which in our house means that it is on a low shelf...)
- You left the oven open to let the leftover heat escape into the kitchen, and it is shut when you return.
- You sit down in a chair or couch with a drink in your hand, and a coaster appears at your elbow.
- There is dry laundry soap on the floor and inside the washing machine, on top of your pile of freshly washed laundry.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
20Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean, but it is wrong for a man to eat anything that causes someone else to stumble. 21It is better not to eat meat or drink wine or to do anything else that will cause your brother to fall.
22So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God. Blessed is the man who does not condemn himself by what he approves. 23But the man who has doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and everything that does not come from faith is sin.