Wednesday, September 3, 2008

In the Middle of the Night

4:54 a.m.

I woke up to the sounds of talking and giggling from the girls room.  Nothing unusual, except that it was not quite 5:00 in the morning, and it was still dark outside!  So, I headed upstairs to remind them that they are not allowed to get up until their clock says 7:00 or later.  And what a sight met my disbelieving eyes!

They were fully dressed.  Their hair was brushed.  Their beds were made.  And they were all sitting on Jaela's bed reading together.  At 4:54 in the morning.

When they finally noticed me, it got really quiet.

Me:  What on earth  are you doing?  It is still dark outside, and your clock does NOT say 7:00!
Anya:  Daddy woke me up and I couldn't go back to sleep.
Jaela:  Daddy said it was early in the morning.

I got suspicious.

Me: Have you been up since Daddy got home?
Macey: Yes.

Oh boy.  Mike flew late last night, and got home at 2:45 a.m.

I made them get back into their beds and told them to go back to sleep, and NOT to get up or even talk until that clock said 7:00.

They obeyed, with a minimum of protest, but it's going to be a long day!