Monday, August 18, 2008

Whatever!

Once again, I have spent my entire evening doing dishes, cleaning, doing laundry, and prepping for school.  Don't get me wrong, it feels good to be on top off things for a change, but as I type with one eye on the clock, I am remembering with quite a bit of nostalgia the days B.K. (Before Kids!) of curling up in a chair to read through an entire stack of "fluff" books in one day.

On the other hand, as part of prepping for school, I have spent the last hour or so working with quotations from the best Book, from A to Z, such as:

  • D - Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe.  Philippians 2:14-15
  • L - Let another praise you, and not your own mouth; someone else, and not your own lips.  Proverbs 27:2
  • M - Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you.  1 Thessalonians 4:11
What wonderful, timely reminders for me!  Sometimes I almost forget that it's not just the kids who need to memorize these...I need them too!  As I was just beginning to feel a little bit sorry for myself (over my lack of "free" time) as I worked on our memory verse "tests" for the year, I got to the W verse, which is actually one of my favorites, and just like that my attitude changed, and I am once again grateful for all that I've been blessed with -- my portion!

  • W - Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for man.  Colossians 3:23
I think Elisabeth would be proud of me...but someone else would have to tell her!  :)