Sunday, August 17, 2008

First week of school

We finally finished our first week of school...on Saturday.  NOT how I had planned to begin our year, but circumstances being what they were (Jaela had some difficulty with her math one day, Macey had difficulty with her handwriting the next, and mommy had difficulty getting started on time EVERY day), I think we did pretty good.  I wondered aloud to Mike at one point if maybe I have over-estimated the girls' readiness for some subjects, but after I thought about it for a while I decided that no, it was not the girls that I have over-estimated, it was ME!  You'd think I would have learned by now that I am not as young as I once was, and I can NOT stay up as late as I want every night and not expect to pay the penalty the next day!  So, starting tonight, NO MORE OLYMPICS for me...and lo and behold I have gotten the kitchen clean, the laundry started, school prepped for tomorrow, this blog written, AND I will still get to bed at a decent hour!  Self-discipline really does pay off!

The irony of it all is that I am in the middle of reading Elisabeth Elliot's book "Discipline".  Maybe I should start over again from the beginning!  :)