Monday, November 3, 2008

Are You Ready For Some FOOTBALL?!?

The Tennessee Titans are 8-0!!!

The kids and I spent part of Saturday afternoon watching college football (Georgia vs. Florida), and the girls were fascinated by Tim Tebow, quarterback for Florida.  Not only is he a Christian, but his parents are missionaries AND he was homeschooled!  He plays with a Bible reference painted in white on the black stuff they put under their eyes: Phil (under his right eye) 4:13 (under his left eye)  "I can do everything through him who gives me strength."  When I read it to the girls, Jaela's first question was:  "Is he so good at football because he's a Christian?"  :)  

Yesterday afternoon we watched the Giants/Cowboys game, and Anya was fascinated by the difference between their uniforms and the uniforms the Titans/Green Bay wore in Tennessee.  It was in the high 70s here yesterday, and the players were all in short sleeves.  In the Giants game in New York, some wore short sleeves, but Eli Manning and a few others had long sleeves on underneath their short sleeved jerseys.  (Sometimes the things my kids notice absolutely amaze me!)  After a while, Anya came running back into the school/tv room dressed like this and exclaimed, "Look, Mommy!  I'm Eli Manning!"  :)

Today, the girls spent almost an hour upstairs working on writing and illustrating stories while Isaak and I made dinner.  Jaela and Macey are working on stories about queens, kings, and princesses.  This was Anya's:  (from top to bottom, left to right, pictures of) "a helper" (she means trainer), "a cheerleader, Eli Manning, and Peyton Manning."  Then she drew Peyton Manning's helmet and labeled it PATINMANINES, followed by Eli Manning's helmet, and labeled it too (backwards) ELIMANES

It's definitely football season at my house!  :)

(Dad, go catch your eyeballs!  I think you just rolled them right out of your head!)  :)