Monday, January 26, 2009

His Name Shall Be Called...

This last week or so for our Bible readings, we've been covering the minor prophets, and I've been letting the girls read out of their Picture Bibles for a change, while Grandma was here.  We're now moving into Isaiah and Jeremiah, still reading from their Picture Bibles.  The Bible reading this morning was from Isaiah, including "His name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The Mighty God...The Prince of Peace."

After we had finished eating lunch, everyone was still sitting around the table, so I asked Jaela and Macey to tell me what they'd read in their Bibles this morning.  They couldn't remember the name Isaiah, but after I gave them the first few sounds, they figured it out.  I asked them to tell me about him.  After they'd told me all about Isaiah, I asked them what he had told the people.  They remembered the warnings he gave, but were a little slower on the part I was after, so I helped jog their memories.

Me: His name shall be called W...
Macey: Wonderful!
Me: Couns...
Jaela: Counsellor!
Me: Almighty...
Jaela: God!
Me: Prince of...
Jaela: Prince of Europe!