Thursday, January 15, 2009

De-cluttering Decisions

Remember those pounds and pounds of tomatoes that I froze this fall?  Well, today IS Thursday...

Today I got four of the eight bags out of the freezer and went to work.  I ended up with 11 quarts of juice and 2 1/4 quarts of paste.  Tomorrow I plan to do the rest, and when it's all done, I'll mix it all together and make spaghetti sauce, etc., and then can it all at once.  

After I had finished cooking the last batch this afternoon, I dragged out my big food processor (the one we got for our wedding over 12 years ago!) and started processing the paste.  As it was working I started wondering, is it really worth keeping this monster in my cupboard so I can use it MAYBE once a year?  I have another smaller one that does the job just fine...  I decided to finish all the paste and then decide if I wanted to get rid of it or not.  I processed three small batches of paste, and halfway through the third batch...guess what happened!

Yeah, it died!  Dead as a doornail.  Kaput.

I think I'll get rid of it.  :)