Friday, February 13, 2009

All the Awards THIS Blogger Needs

My favorite homeschooling blogger shared a post recently on the awards her blog was given by a few of her readers and fellow bloggers.  (Click on the word "post" in the sentence above if you'd like to see what I mean...)  I have seen quite a few of these kinds of awards on my travels through blog-land, and I have to admit that I find them somewhat empty and frivolous...a waste of precious time.

Those same awards are passed from blogger to blogger, never losing any of their flashiness, and never picking up any substance along the way.  They still say the same things:  "Butterfly Award, For the coolest blog I know" and "Kreativ Blogger Award" and the "Lemonade Award" (for people who make lemonade out of life's lemons) and so on.  

I hope none of my blogs ever get any of those awards, because they would pale in comparison to the awards I have already received from my faithful readers:

"I love your blogs...Keep up the good writing."

"I laughed out loud!"

"I really enjoy reading your blog about the family."

"You are doing such a great job.  Keep up the good work!!"

"Funny."

"I really admire you."

The best part about these awards of mine is that I know that my readers actually love me.  Even when my blog is not cool, not kreativ, and when I choose to gripe about life's lemons.

Thanks for loving me, everyone...and thanks for reading, too!  :)