Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Beginnings

In the beginning there is a blank blog, with a bare bones personal sketch in my profile.  No one has been invited to view it yet, but it does exist!  One day soon I will master the art of adding pictures to posts, but in the beginning...there is always a beginning.  Contained in the virtual pages of this blog will be verbal snapshots of our daily life, occasional musings and deep-sounding thoughts, most likely phrased in whatever style of language is used in whatever book I am immersed in at the moment, and a few glimses here and there of the happenings that occur in the D. Academy, Clarksville Branch.

You may be wondering about the title of my blog...admittedly, it may not sound very Jamie-ish, but that's something I'm working on, that it may become more Jamie-ish.  I have been reading a lot of Elisabeth Elliot lately, and have been reminded and reassured that my portion, my cup, my lot IS secure.  My heart CAN be at peace.  My Father IS in charge.  How simple!  Indeed, how incredibly simple!  I have been blessed with a wonderful husband and friend, godly parents, a home, an incredible church family, four fascinating children, and the resources and willpower to homeschool those fascinating children.  And that, for now, is my portion...along with all the housework, disciplining, laundry, dishes, lesson planning, heartaches, and headaches that come with them!  Ah, my Father is in charge.  How simple!