Saturday, July 27, 2013

Another Laundry Room Make-Over


After my last laundry room makeover, the laundry room was organized and functional, but of course it never stayed this neat.


And these ugly (albeit functional) brown shelves,


 well, I just couldn't handle looking at them any more.


Ew.

So one evening, while the kids had cereal for dinner, I painted them white.
(Editor's Note:  The shelves, Aunt Shirley, NOT the kids!  It's safe to eat cereal at my house again!)


A few weeks later, I inherited the crib that my grandpa built in the 40s.
It was the excuse I'd been waiting for...I tore out the cheap cabinets in the laundry room to create a space for the crib, and I only lost two inches of walkway.

(If it's quiet, and I can't find my girls, I look here.  They've been known to curl up in the crib together to read - all three of them!)


The laundry room is still not my favorite room in the house, but at least the new look makes me smile when I walk in there instead of cringing!