Monday, December 12, 2011

Happy Christmas!

As I got out the Christmas decorations this year,
I noticed that I have collected more than a few Nativity sets!

This one Mike bought for me in Israel
when we were in high-school:
The Scrabble letters spell out "Happy Birth Celebration"
(because according to Google, there is no Hebrew for "Happy Christmas").
***
This set came to us from Mexico via Mike's grandparents:
(Does Feliz Navidad really need translated?
Really? Oh. Well, it means "Happy Christmas" in Spanish!)
***
Betsey got this one for me when she lived in Germany:
Frohe Weihnachten means Happy Christmas in German
(or so the internet tells me!)
***
Mike remembers this one from his childhood:
(it's new to us this year)
***
My grandma got this in Peru
(where I spent most of my childhood)
and although it's an ornament and not really a set,
it counts because it's the only Nativity-themed thing I've got from Peru!